Tuesday 7 December 2010

Printmaking

These are examples of some prints, a few straight up ones and a few experiments, for the two day print making project. This was my frist time using lino printing, and i really really enjoyed it. I like the quality of the prints, the ways of using them, blahblahblah.
I didnt put it down as one of my options for next term though. But im sure it wont mean I'll never be able to do it again. If I could afford it, I'd invest in some inks and so on.


The theme of the day was postives and negatives, as both the techniques, and as a concept. Positive and negative techniques refer to how much of the image is cut away- if you cut away just the outline, its negative, and if you cut out all but the outline, its a positive image.
As the concept, I used a narrative for mine. I chose a child hood poem - I dont remember who its by. But it went "there was a little girl, who had a little curl, right in the middle of her forhead. and when she was good, she was very very good, and when she was bad, she was horrid."

No comments:

Post a Comment